directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <lis...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: [Attentione] Reverted nlog4j 1.2.19 => 1.2.23 upgrade
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:11:31 GMT
At 08:58 AM 3/11/2006, Alex Karasulu wrote:

>Just kidding but we need to talk to Ceki about this and see if he can
>change his pom.  At this point we cannot upgrade to the 1.0 slf4j
>compatible nlog4j.  It adds things like the jmx jar, activation, mail, and
>I think I even saw Maven download my mother in law.

>This happened once before and Ceki reverted.  I don't think he'd stick
>with this so we just need to talk to him.  Perhaps he's unaware of it
>creeping in again.

No, I am not aware of jmx, activation, mail... jar files creeping in as
requirements downstream. Those files are required for compiling NLOG4J (as
well as log4j) but compiling log4j/nlog4j should not be an ADS concern.
NLOG4J SVN repository [1] indicates that the NLOG4J's POM file has not
changed since 28th of August 2005. You also mentioned that ADS was
currently using 1.2.19 which was released around December 2005. Given that
NLOG4J's POM file has not changed between 1.2.19 and 1.2.23, there is
nothing to revert, is there?

[1]
http://svn.slf4j.org/viewcvs/nlog4j/trunk/src/pom/project.xml?rev=243&view=log

>Forgive the crazy email ... its late...
>Alex
>
>P.S. Ceki help us to get to 1.2.23 please!

I am not very Maven savvy but other than that I'll do my best.

First question, are you trying to build NLOG4J with Maven? If not, is it
possible to tell Maven not to drag in NLOG4J dependencies?

--
Ceki Gülcü
http://ceki.blogspot.com/