directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <lis...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: Shall we go JDK 1.5 in 1.1 branch
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 18:24:01 GMT

I tried to summarize some of the arguments given here in my blog (see
below). In a nutshell, aiming for JDK 1.4 compatibility using JDK 1.5
language features is likely to be messy, especially if you accept patches
from "outside" developers. On the other hand, who would blame you to want
to switch to JDK 1.5 when JDK 1.6 is in the offing?

Cheers,

--
Ceki Gülcü
http://ceki.blogspot.com/