directory-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LDAP schema for DHCP
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 19:43:00 GMT
Jörg Henne wrote:
> Enrique Rodriguez schrieb:
>>
>> I'm not surprised and I don't think any of us have any objection to
>> removing it.  If you'd like, we are interested in a well-designed DHCP
>> schema and we can allocate a range of OID.
>>
>> Enrique
> *sigh*.
> I don't really know whether this is where I want to go. In particular, I
> doubt that I'll be able to commit enough time to such a rather large-ish
> effort. I'm currently implementing a proof-of-concept, but working, DHCP
> server. To accomodate this, I'll probably use something like the unix
> DHCP configuration file format (or an XML file) first, but separate
> configuration storage from DHCP serving, allowing for different backend
> implementations.

Well, maybe we can split this up.  I'm familiar with writing the
directory back-end, so I feel I can write that pretty efficiently.  What
I don't have time for right now is re-learning/launching into a big DHCP
protocol workflow undertaking and it sounds like you are beginning that.
  You could, perhaps, design the store API and I could work to directory
back it.  You could start with file-based storage (unix, XML) or even
stub Java classes.  WDYT?

Enrique