directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Henne <j.he...@levigo.de>
Subject LDAP schema for DHCP
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 18:52:34 GMT
Hi,

looking at the DHCP schema included with DS, I noticed that the
specification it is apparently based on
(http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/02mar/I-D/draft-ietf-dhc-ldap-schema-00.txt)
has the status of a working draft. Furthermore, the specification is
largely very unclear about the actual use of the attribute it defines,
and gives even less hints about the object layout it is supposed to use.
Does anyone know, whether there is
- a newer specification than the one I found, or
- some clarifying supplementary documentation, or
- at least a reference implementation which could be raided for a few
examples?

If the answer to the above is three times no, implementing a DHCP server
based on this specification seems rather futile, since there is so
little documentation.

Joerg Henne