directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Support for ":<" LDIF syntax in ApacheDS
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 07:43:18 GMT
Norbet Reilly a écrit :

>Hi All,

Hi Norbet !

>I have need to import potentially long files via LDAP and noted that
>rfc2849 mentioned the ":<" operator allowing an attribute's value to
>be provided by "including" the contents of a URL. I have added the
>support for ":<" by enhancing
>org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.ldif.LdifParserImpl in
>trunks/shared/ldap .

Great !

>Is this enhancement interesting enough to open a JIRA and submit a
>patch for?

You bet ! I'm positive about the fact that other users may need this
feature !

>If so I'd need some help regarding how to preprocess the
>unit test files in Maven2 so that the "file://" URL includes a
>sensible absolute path name by the time the unit test actually runs.
>Or alternatively the unit test could cover the "http://" case only
>(mandating an internet connection being available for the unit tests
>to pass).

Ok. We may have a look at your problem. I'm sure that they are some M2
Power users around there :)

>Cheers

Thanks a lot !

btw : they were some nasty bugs in the ldif parser, as far as I remember
(multilines attributes may be bugged). Please cross-check JIRA, it may
have been fixed.

Emmanuel Lécharny