directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Custom partition deployment process
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 01:44:44 GMT
MartinZaidel@synergy.com.au wrote:

> Sorry, I wasn't clear: I'm trying to run Directory Server standalone
> (not embedded), using the Daemon bootstrappers via the apacheds
> executable in $INSTALL_DIR/bin.   That is, the server will be kicked
> off from /etc/init.d/apacheds (ie., not via the command-line using
> maven).  On a lark---since it seemed like the right thing to do---I
> installed my custom directory partition classes in jar files in
> $INSTALL_DIR/lib/ext

Ooops this is not enabled yet sorry.  Try just putting it into the lib
directory and it should get picked up.

> and the server configuration files into $INSTALL_DIR/conf.  And the
> good news is that the server *appears* to be configured correctly (at
> least no ClassNotFoundExceptions for the directory partition classes
> in the server logs with debugging turned up.)
>
> The problem I have is that my log4j.properties file references a Log4J
> SNMP appender (built on top of opennms---also in $INSTALL_DIR/lib/ext,
> if you're keeping score at home) whose class is in my jar file (in
> $INSTALL_DIR/lib/ext):  that is,  it appears that the classloader
> shuffling by the daemon bootstrapping classes has the consequence of
> disconnecting the log4j LogFactory class from the appender in my jar file.

Sounds complicated ... again I don't know how this is getting picked
up.  Try dropping your jars into the lib directory for now disregard the
ext directory.  Sorry about the confusion but I did not have time to rig
it yet.  Give that a try and call me in the morning.

Good luck,
Alex