directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: create new user
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 06:23:26 GMT
Andre Fonseca wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I created a new LDAP user - ldif is attached - but I could not connect
> in the LDAP server using this user/password (credentials??).
>
> What is the objectClass'es that I need to use?
At this point in time you only need the presence of a userPassword field.
> The atribute I used to set the password is "userPassword". - plain
> mode, not crypted. (but its crypted in the ldif... :|)

It's not really encrypted but base64 encoded.  The userPassword
attributeType actually has a binary syntax.  According to the LDIF
specification all binary attributes must be base64 encoded.
> I need to set parent properties to connect in the server??

I could not parse this question.
> The Java Exception is below.
>
> Any help is welcome...
>
> OBS: I used JXplorer to create the user...
> javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid
> Credentials]

This means you did not:
(1) provide the correct principalDn and/or
(2) provide the correct password

HTH,
Alex