directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <szoer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: create new user
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 21:59:48 GMT
Andre Fonseca wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I created a new LDAP user - ldif is attached - but I could not connect
> in the LDAP server using this user/password (credentials??).
>
> What is the objectClass'es that I need to use?

Hello Andre!

Your object classes work, at least I was able to import a modified
version of you user into my ApacheDS 1.0 RC1 directory:

version: 1
dn: cn=user,dc=example,dc=com
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: person
objectClass: top
cn: user
sn: user
userPassword: password

What are the values you use for the credentials? In my case I used
User: cn=user,dc=example,dc=com
Pwd: password

Note that you have to use the full DN.

> The atribute I used to set the password is "userPassword". - plain
> mode, not crypted. (but its crypted in the ldif... :|)

One problem might be the form of you userPassword attribute in your
LDIF. Compare my version (one :) with your version (2 :):

userPassword:: dXNlcg==

> I need to set parent properties to connect in the server??

If using another form for the userPassword does not help, please explain
in detail, how you import the user, and whether you can read its values
with the admin account (and a search, for instance) after the import.

I hope this helps. Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan