directory-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OSGi] Configuration Admin Service
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 15:52:36 GMT
John E. Conlon wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 11:31, Enrique Rodriguez wrote:
>
>>Great.  Again, I don't know your use case.  BTW, the config admin
>>service isn't totally done:  not all of the store ops work.  I'd love
>>some help here; their impl should be straightforward, I just have only
>>done the ones I need.
>>

> How can I help?

I figure you can check out and review the OSGi work on Directory 1.1 or
pitch in on the use of CM for what is currently in the XML config.  Or
help in moving CM, Prefs, and UA over to Felix.  They'll need an M2
update, basic dep updates (refactoring, renaming packages), and
eventually updates to be R4-compliant.  Also, not all of the
directory-backed CM store was implemented; I only did what I needed to
make directory work.  Patches here would be great.

> How will you provide for attributes that have multiple values, like
> objectClasses?

While they are returned by JNDI, I believe CM will ignore them.  If this
is outside the scope of CM then there isn't much we can do.  Multiple
values in config is typically on one line which gets tokenized.  This is
how I would do a multi-value, for example Kerberos encryption types; put
them in the DIT as one long string.  Or now, that I think about it, they
could be multi-valued in the DIT and converted to one-line strings by
the CM and parsed by the receiving service?  WDYT?

Enrique