directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ersin Er <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: installation process for apacheds-1.0-RC1
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:49:27 GMT
Hi,

Steven_Carmody@brown.edu wrote:
> Sorry to pollute the -dev list with what is obviously a -user type
> question, but your web site no longer lists a -user list.
We're using the dev list as a user list also. I think we may have a user
list soon.
> I have some experience with apacheDS 0.9.2, and recently tried to move
> up to your apacheds-1.0-RC1 release. I'm trying to install it on OS X
> 10.4. I downloaded this file
>
> apacheds-1.0-RC1-macosx-ppc-setup.jar
>
> the filetype clearly indicates you've changed your packaging from
> previous releases.....
>
> can someone provide a short cookbook, describing what I should do with
> this file?
You may give it a try with:

java -jar apacheds-1.0-RC1-macosx-ppc-setup.jar

This should start graphical the installer. At the end of the process a
service should be installed to your system. (Sorry I do not know much
about MacOSX, so I cannot say where the service is installed and how it
can be started).
> thanks!
Cheers,
--