directory-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fonseca <>
Subject Re: Connecting using RDN
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 02:12:12 GMT
Hi Alex..

--- Alex Karasulu <> escreveu:

> Andre Fonseca wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Well first thanks for all the answers in the forum, thats my third
> time
> > here.. =)
> >
> Which forum?  We don't have a forum out there.  Can you point us to
> what
> you used?

Sorry, I was talking about the dev list =)

> > My question now is how to connect on ApacheDS using a RDN
> >
> Hmmm the user principal DN should always be a DN not a relative DN
> (RDN).
> > Im using the same user descripted on the manual

So, thats the problem. I´d not like to connect using a such big string
as a DN can be, I´d like to connect using for example only

Im doing a front end to the final user, and I think its could be a
little boring to them to login as a full DN... =)

The RDN can be a "alias" for the DN?? I really didn´t understand yet
what´s the function of the RDN =(

> Hmmm which user the admin user or the bogus jdoe user?
I can connect normaly using both the admin and jdoe, but only using the

Tkx, André

Faça ligações para outros computadores com o novo Yahoo! Messenger

View raw message