Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 15:42 +0000, Luke Taylor wrote:

Hi Emmanuel,

The problem is that log4j is a dependency of many other projects (e.g.
Spring) which we depend on, and maven2 ends up with it in the classpath
anyway.

Yeah, we have experienced such a problem lately with Spring...
Sorry, I thought you were working with a 0.9.3 or something like that.

<snip/>

As far as I know, spring only has a build-time dependency on log4j,  no runtime dependency.
At runtime it uses jakarta-commons-logging,  (and whatever logging framework is found by JCL)

Maarten