directory-dev mailing list archives

From Fedechicco <fedechi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance in MINA
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2006 14:21:07 GMT
Hi Kaliky, I can tell you about my own experience:
I'm working on a little "hub" server, that hold tcp connections and receive
messages from them.
When a message from one connection is received my server send it over all
the other sockets.
Simple, and similar to your case.
Well, doing that with about 1000-1300 connection, without using any thread
pool, using MINA obviusly, and sending a total amount of about 500KByte/sec
over the network, it takes me 20-30 % of the CPU of a pt4 2,5 GHz with
Windows XP, and the same CPU time on a celeron 2,7 GHz with Fedora Core 3,
kernel 2.6.

The memory usage is also great for the the first day of run-time, about 60
Mbyte (total used, seen from taskmanager or top) for all that work, but
after the first day (in my own case) it increase.
But MINA team is already at work to fix the cause of that increasement.

I really hope you will use MINA, that's the better Framework I have ever
seen.

--
http://www.darkbios.it   --->  Fhack 'em all.