directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Simon.Tem...@saaconsultants.com
Subject Re: Problem Attaching Binary Data
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 15:18:14 GMT




I have a workaround for my issue.  See JIRA DIREVE-340

However this is when using the current trunk not 0.9.3... sorry.

Have you added the asn.1.berlib.provider entry to you envionment?  I think
it was the Snickers or Snacc provider in 0.9.3...

SimonT

08 February 2006 13:45
To: Apache Directory Developers List <dev@directory.apache.org>
cc:
From: Tony Blanchard <bltony@wanadoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Problem Attaching Binary Data



Hi Simon,

I had prepared a mail on this but did not send it because I knew the RC1
is time consuming.

Here is my saved draft of the email I wrote yesterday :
"
I am using a 0.9.3 jar for apacheds and i am experiencing a problem
using binary attribute.
In fact I added a binary attribute to my shema and when I do something
like this, I have a cast exception because it returns me a String and
not a byte[].

Attributes lFoundAttributes = lCtx.getAttributes(lSearchedDN);
Attribute lBinAtt =lFoundAttributes.get("<name of my bin attribute def>");
byte[] lBinContent =  (byte[])lBinAtt.get();

If I do the same thing with the jpegPhoto, it works. (Even if it seems
the binay datas are sligtlhy corrupted depending of the kind of datas :
pdf, txt etc.... An old bug on this was closed but It seems that there
is some pb on 0.9.3).
For information, I added my binary attribute name to my xml
configuration file...

Should I feel a jira issue or is this already known/corrected ? I
browsed JIRA but not found issue on this.
Do not answer now if busy...
Tony Blanchard"

Best regards
Tony Blanchard


Simon.Temple@saaconsultants.com wrote:

> OK, I just realised I asked this question before but this is now a NEW
> problem:
>
> The problem was fixed before by specifiying a BER provider... but now
> we don't specify one, the environment is not be passed down to the new
> improved provider.
>
> Can someone comment on this before I raise a JIRA issue?
>
> Thanks Again
>
> >
> >I think I've tracked it down... sorry to bother you with this.
> >
> >I forgot to add
> >
> >
>
>asn.1.berlib.provider=org.apache.ldap.common.berlib.asn1.SnickersProvider
> >
> >
> >>Oh yes that makes a difference.  Perhaps once we consolidate all these
> >>providers in to one fast robust one there will be no need for this.
>
> >I guess the default provider mechanism doesn't pass down the whole
> >environment...?
>
> /08 February 2006 13:15
> To: dev@directory.apache.org
> cc:
> From: Simon.Temple@saaconsultants.com
> Subject: Problem Attaching Binary Data/
>
> Does anyone know of a problem attaching binary attributes (jpegPhoto
> etc)?  I thourght this was all fixed in 0.9.x?
>
> I can attach/detach a serialised java object fine using the in-VM
> connector but if I try to use an out-of-VM connection, the serialised
> object becomes corrupt when it is attached (has its first few bytes
> messed up).
>
> I also fail to attach/detach photo attributes using JXplorer - again
> an out-of-vm connection.
>
> This is the latest 0.9.4 trunk (V1RC1)
>
> Each time an out-of-VM connection is made I get this warning:
>
> 2006-02-08 12:44:53,390 WARN
> [org.apache.ldap.common.message.MessageDecoder](IoThreadPool-2) Could
> not find java.naming.ldap.attributes.binary key in environment.  Using
> empty set for binaries.
>
> This seems related to me...
>
>
> TIA
>
> SimonT
>
>
>
>




Mime
View raw message