directory-dev mailing list archives

From Simon.Tem...@saaconsultants.com
Subject Problem Attaching Binary Data
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 13:12:09 GMT
Does anyone know of a problem attaching binary attributes (jpegPhoto etc)?  I thourght this
was all fixed in 0.9.x?

I can attach/detach a serialised java object fine using the in-VM connector but if I try to
use an out-of-VM connection, the serialised object becomes corrupt when it is attached (has
its first few bytes messed up).

I also fail to attach/detach photo attributes using JXplorer - again an out-of-vm connection.

This is the latest 0.9.4 trunk (V1RC1)

Each time an out-of-VM connection is made I get this warning:

2006-02-08 12:44:53,390 WARN  [org.apache.ldap.common.message.MessageDecoder](IoThreadPool-2)
Could not find java.naming.ldap.attributes.binary key in environment.  Using empty set for
binaries.

This seems related to me...

TIA

SimonT