directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Endi S. Dewata" <end...@safehaus.org>
Subject RE: [ApacheDS] JBoss compatibility?
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 18:21:16 GMT
Hi Alex,

> > As an immediate fix, you can just replace JBoss' copy of log4j with
> > NLOG4J. This should fix the problem as far as you are concerned.
> > Another perhaps better solution, is to replace nlog4j.jar which ships
> > with ApacheDS with slf4j-log4j12.jar without replacing any jar files
> > in JBoss. FYI, slf4j-log4j12.jar ships with the SLF4J distribution.
>
> Note that we allow this to happen by making the scope of the slf4j API
> provided.  Meaning you decide which version to deploy.  Take a look Endi
> at the poms you will see the scope tag set on these dependencies.

I'm actually using the jar file created by running mvn assembly:assembly in
the server-main module and it automatically includes the nlog4j library. I
noticed that the pom.xml for server-main module doesn't specify the scope,
perhaps this needs to be fixed? Or maybe I shouldn't be using this jar file?

> > I guess that this should be added to ApacheDS documentation in order
> > to avoid similar inconveniences to other JBoss+ApacheDS users. Maybe
> > that is already the case?
>
> No we have not done this but we should.  Sorry for the inconvenience to
> both you Ceki and you Endi.  We now though know how to work around this
> problem.

No problem at all. I followed Ceki's advice to replace JBoss' log4j with
nlog4j and it seems to be working now. Thanks everyone!

--
Endi S. Dewata