directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Endi S. Dewata" <end...@safehaus.org>
Subject RE: [ApacheDS] How to use Interceptor.bind() ?
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 04:13:24 GMT
Hi Norbet,

Thanks for replying.

> You're one of the Penrose folks right? If so, I considered using your
> solution except the licensing wasn't "open" enough for my corporate
> masters :-(

Too bad... but if you'd like to discuss Penrose issues please feel free
contact me directly.

> I'm also using the new bind() call (in fact I sort of motivated it's
> addition a while back) but have found I still needed a custom
> authenticator. I thought I'd delay discussing this until RC1 is out
> the door - but since you brought it up.

> Currently the code only falls back to using the custom partition's
> bind when presented with an unknown authentication mechanism (refer
> org.apache.directory.server.core.authn.AuthenticationService.bind()),
> which isn't that useful for implementors of custom (proxy) partitions
> wanting to delegate their binds.

Unfortunately this won't work for me because I need to authenticate users
coming in using a known mechanism (e.g. simple). What if the code is changed
such that it calls the next interceptor's bind() method after exhausting all
available authenticators? I think it would be more useful.

Thanks!

--
Endi S. Dewata