directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] Sending datagrams without connection
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:32:40 GMT
Hi Dani,

On 2/24/06, Dani Eichhorn <dani.eichhorn@squix.ch> wrote:

> I'm new to mina, so please excuse me, if this is a stupid question,
> since the mail list archive seems to be broken...

The link to the archive on our web site was broken.  Now it's fixed.

In java.nio I have the choice if I want to send a datagram using a
> connection, or if I'm using the DatagramChannel.recieve/send methods.
> Do I have this choice in Mina as well, since it is built on top of
> java.nio...

For now, you have to bind first:

InetSocketAddress address = new InetSocketAddress( 8080 );
IoAcceptor acceptor = new DatagramAcceptor();
acceptor.bind( address, handler );
IoSession session = acceptor.newSession( address, new InetSocketAddress( "
remote.host.com", 8080 ) );
session.write( ... );

If you don't want to bind, there's no such way yet.  Please let us know if
this becomes a problem.  This means we need to modify our API to fill the
abstraction hole.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6