directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject [site] Generating the project site
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 07:43:35 GMT
Hi all,

For now we put site source into trunk/site and trunk/<projectId>/site
directory and use Maven 2 to generate the actual HTML web site and deploy
it.  This is generally good for us because M2 automates most of the
process.  However, there's an important problem that our new site apparently
has a broken part for now because of the bugs or lack of features in M2
plugins.  Considering the current situation, I think we need to use both M2
and script-based site generation tool to generate more perfect site.  For
example, we could put a script like this:

# trunks/sh-scripts/generate-site.sh:
#!/bin/sh
mvn site # Let M2 generate most part
javadoc ... # generate JavaDoc for some project
xref ... # generate XRef for some project

Of course, a shell script is just an example; we can use an Ant script to do
this.

WDYT?

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/