directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MINA] Adding isBound(SocketAddress) to IoAcceptor
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 14:55:09 GMT
Hi Alex,

2006/1/30, Alex Karasulu <aok123@bellsouth.net>:

> Hiya,
>
> I just looked into adding this method and it's not so trivial as I had
> thought.  Looks like the DatagramAcceptorDelagate presents the biggest
> problem.  Checking if the service is bound on the SocketAcceptorDelegate
> is cake though:
>
>     public boolean isBound( SocketAddress address )
>     {
>         return sessions.get( address ) != null;
>     }

Great idea.  Actually, I was thinking about adding isBound() and unbindAll()
to the IoAcceptor interface.

Doing this for UDP is not so easy.  I cannot figure out how to do it
> without effecting the existing state of the acceptor.  Any ideas?

You're right.   We need to do something similar to what we did in
SocketAcceptor implementation; a dedicated map.  We also need to provide
session management mechanism for connectionless transport types.  There's a
JIRA issue related with it:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-162

HTH,
Trustin