directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] JBoss compatibility?
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 09:46:40 GMT
At 12:09 AM 2/24/2006, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>Endi S. Dewata a écrit :
>Hi Endi
>>The error occurs at this line in
>>    log.debug( "Parsing DN '" + name + "'" );
>>It looks like there's an incompatibility between the logging library that is
>>used to compile ApacheDS and the one that is actually loaded by JBoss.
>>Anybody has any idea? Thank you very much.
>We are using slf4j to compile the classes, and nlog4j for client jars.
>Which lib is Jboss using ?

Which version of NLOG4J and ApacheDS are you using? Versions of NLOG4J
prior to 1.2.16 did indeed have a runtime compatibility issue with log4j.
However, NLOG4J version 1.2.16 and later should not suffer from the problem
you describe. Thus, it is important to know the version of ApacheDS and
NLOG4j that you are using.

Ceki Gülcü

View raw message