directory-dev mailing list archives

From joshua portway <joshli...@stain.org>
Subject Re: [mina] DIRMINA-165 revisited
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 22:15:28 GMT
thanks for the warning - is anyone actively working on this issue ?
It's important to my project to be able to slice buffers ( actually,
I have one permanent buffer, with permanent "slice" buffers pointing
to bits of it and when the contents of the buffer change I send a
load of network messages - one for each of the slice buffers - this
avoids any copying or reallocating buffers ).
If no one else is working on this I'll probably give it a go myself,
but I would appreciate some advice about why it was considered a bad
idea for view buffer "containers" (mina ByteBuffer) to be pooled -
can anyone help me out here ?

josh