directory-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Portway <j...@stain.org>
Subject [mina] DIRMINA-165 revisited
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:43:30 GMT
Hi,
	I've been looking at the code submitted for this bug (to allow the
creating of read-only buffers and buffer slices) and reading the
comments, and I'm not sure I understand why the submitted patch is
considered "dangerous". Trustin advises that all the methods assert
that every buffer involved is not pooled, but I'm not sure why this
should be - presumably, assuming that any derived buffers maintain a
reference to their parent buffer, the parent buffer won't be returned
to the pool until all derived buffers have been released, and
therefore released it in turn. Am I missing something here ?

	josh