directory-dev mailing list archives

From Dani Eichhorn <dani.eichh...@squix.ch>
Subject Re: [mina] Sending datagrams without connection
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2006 09:32:35 GMT
Hi Trustin

Thanks for your reply. Binding first is absolutely no problem. I
guess I just didn't think out-of-the-box enough to find the solution
you posted here by myself. I tried using a DatagramConnector instead,
but your way seems to be much more efficient:

			/*
			*** Sends more or less every 0.5 seconds a UDP message to
destination and listens to answers on the same port
			**/
			IoSession session;
			IoConnector connector = new DatagramConnector();
			ConnectFuture future = connector.connect(destination, new
InetSocketAddress (destination.getPort()), new UDPMinaTester( ));

             		future.join();

			try {
				session = future.getSession();

				for(;;){

					Thread.sleep(500);
					session.write(this.message);

				}
			} catch (IOException e) {
						// TODO Auto-generated catch block
						e.printStackTrace();
			} catch (InterruptedException e) {
						// TODO Auto-generated catch block
						e.printStackTrace();
			}

I guess the whole "future" stuff is not necessary here, since there's
never really a connection it could wait for, is that right?

By the way: would the Mina team be interested in integrating NAT
traversal code into to library? In one way (from app developper view)
it's some kind of basic need, but to work it needs some kind of
complex infrastructure, like a not NATed rendezvous server...

Thanks for your great work with MINA! I tried to implement a clean
code for NAT traversal for several weeks, before I discovered your
framework. Starting again clean on top of Mina made it possible to
write good code within three days!

Cheers
Dani