directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Password Change
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 00:00:37 GMT
Ole Ersoy wrote:

>Hey Guys,
>
>I tried changing the password in server.xml.
>
>After doing this and restarting in debug mode, I get

Ole this is due unfortunately to the fact that the admin password must
be set in two places.

1. First while the server is up and running using the default password
'secret' log into the server as admin and bind to ou=system.
2. Set the userPassword attribute to a password in the entry
uid=admin,ou=system.
3. Then shutdown the server.
4. Then edit the server.xml file setting secret to your new password
where ever you see it.
5. Start up the server.
6. Check that you can login as admin with the new password.

This is only this involved for the administrator.  Eventually this
problem should go away.

Cheers,
Alex