directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <szoer...@apache.org>
Subject Docs (was Re: [ApacheDS] It's done 1.0-RC1 has been signed and released)
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2006 08:19:35 GMT
Ole Ersoy wrote:

> Incidentally, I could not help but notice that we
> think we need documentation.
>
> I'll be glad to throw together some apt files and help
> with this.  Is there a prioritized list of documents
> that we need and is there a "formal" process for doing
> this?

Ole, this sounds great! Although the "official" docs are probably more
important now, you might like to look at a skeleton for a tutorial as well.
http://docs.safehaus.org/display/APACHEDS/The+Apache+Directory+Tutorial

Mostly a structure at first, but some parts are already suitable for
viewing, e.g.
http://docs.safehaus.org/display/APACHEDS/Connecting+to+Apache+Directory+Server
http://docs.safehaus.org/display/APACHEDS/Integrate+the+directory+in+Thunderbird

I started it in Oct/Nov 2005, unfortunately I currently have not enough
time to add more content (I write a book until end of march), but
perhaps at least some ideas/content are interesting for you. Later on
(April+), we may  continue this effort, which is targeted to newbies
with few LDAP skills, later on.

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan