directory-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Therning <nik...@trillian.se>
Subject Re: [mina] Socket IO processor, thread problem.
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 21:47:26 GMT
fedechicco@gmail.com wrote:
> I have some problem with a simple application that does almost only IO
> on tcp sockets, it take me 100% CPU usage when I have 1000-1200
> connections.
> I have met this problem every time I use a single selector thread for
> many channels, and in my own old implementations I have divided the
> channels on different selector threads, and then all worked well.
>
> I thought that I was not able to do well the selector loops, and so I
> have not taken care about it, but now with mina 0.9.0 I have the same
> problem.
> I don't know, do you all have the same problem with many sockets making
> I/O?
>
> I will experiment with the "mina.socket.processor" property, but it will
> be strange if it works.

Have you tried tuning the number of threads in your thread pool
(ThreadPoolFilter)? Are you sure it's the selector thread which uses all
the cpu?

I haven't had any such issues but I haven't had that many active
connections either. Please keep us updated on how it works when using
the mina.socket.processor property.

/Niklas