directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: Possible Bug
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 20:41:26 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> you *must* escape the characters like = in your DN, in respect with
> RFC2253.
>
> I bet that
> dn: mail=mail\=somebody@somewhere.com,dc=example,dc=com
> should work well.. Note that @ does not need to be escaped.

Hi Emmanuel!

Thanks, Yes it works like that.

But an interesting question is, whether you are able to crash the server
without eacaping the "=" sign (basically the behaviour Ole described).

At least in 1.0 RC1, you are not able to create the entry (no escape) or
you create it successfully (with escaping like described by you). In
both cases the server is up and running after the operation, and still
accepts bind requests.

This is why I am interested in Ole's exact client operation. I want to
know whether we have a problem in RC1 (which btw. looks pretty to me
until now) ...

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan