directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <szoer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Possible Bug
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 20:19:52 GMT
Hi Ole

Ole Ersoy wrote:

> During testing trying to add a subcontext:
>
> "mail=mail=somebody@somewhere.com"
>
> caused the connection to be terminated or at least not
> accept any more authentication requests.

Can you explain in detail, which Client you use (JNDI program? UI
client, cmd line tools), and what operation you perform. I tried
something like you described, i.e. I imported an LDIF like this:

dn: mail=mail=somebody@somewhere.com,dc=example,dc=com
mail: mail=somebody@somewhere.com
objectclass: inetOrgPerson
objectclass: organizationalPerson
objectclass: person
objectclass: top
sn: Body
cn: Some Body

But it failed with Softerra LDAP Administrator and LDAP command line tools:

$ldapadd -h localhost -p 10389 -D "uid=admin,ou=system" -w ? -f ole.ldif

adding new entry mail=mail=somebody@somewhere.com,dc=example,dc=com
ldap_add: No such object
ldap_add: additional info: failed to add entry mail=mail

I used ApacheDS 1.0RC1 btw., which may be the cause why it works
different to yours. And I am not sure, what the expected behavior should
be (e.g. Sun allows the strange DN of the entry above).

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan