directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem Attaching Binary Data
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 23:06:18 GMT
Hi Simon,

> The problem was fixed before by specifiying a BER provider... but now
> we don't specify one, the environment is not be passed down to the new
> improved provider.
>
> Can someone comment on this before I raise a JIRA issue?

Don't be afraid to raise a Jira issue... This is the way to go, because
jiras won't be forgotten.

If you are using the latest version, you will use twix. Twix is supposed
to handle binary attributes, but they have to be declared as binary in
the schema.

I have fixed it a long time ago, but if this is a new attribute, I'm not
sure it will work the way you expect it to work.

Could you just give me some information about the context :
 - is this a new attribute in a specific context ?
 - is it working with jxplorer or not, using jpegPhoto ?

Actually, what I can say is that it' will not a big deal to fix, but I'm
really really really busy atm, so any information could help to narrow
the problem. I won't be able to work on it before thursday 10, at 9PM
GMT+1, but Ic ertainly will do some tests, and will try to fix any
potential bug before 1.0-RC1

btw, put a blocker status on this pb, and affect it to me.

Thanks !

Emmanuel L├ęcharny