directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tony Blanchard <blt...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: Problem Attaching Binary Data
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 18:28:11 GMT
I use SnickersProvider and tried Twix one but it does not work. Maybe 
due to the 0.9.3 version as you say...

I will try the next release but now I can not build apacheds anymore 
because I don't want to change my development build chain to use m2 and 
the new release of netbeans...
So I will retry after the RC1 release and will tell you about the result.

Thanks,
Tony Blanchard

Simon.Temple@saaconsultants.com wrote:

>
>
>I have a workaround for my issue.  See JIRA DIREVE-340
>
>However this is when using the current trunk not 0.9.3... sorry.
>
>Have you added the asn.1.berlib.provider entry to you envionment?  I think
>it was the Snickers or Snacc provider in 0.9.3...
>
>SimonT
>
>08 February 2006 13:45
>To: Apache Directory Developers List <dev@directory.apache.org>
>cc:
>From: Tony Blanchard <bltony@wanadoo.fr>
>Subject: Re: Problem Attaching Binary Data
>
>
>
>Hi Simon,
>
>I had prepared a mail on this but did not send it because I knew the RC1
>is time consuming.
>
>Here is my saved draft of the email I wrote yesterday :
>"
>I am using a 0.9.3 jar for apacheds and i am experiencing a problem
>using binary attribute.
>In fact I added a binary attribute to my shema and when I do something
>like this, I have a cast exception because it returns me a String and
>not a byte[].
>
>Attributes lFoundAttributes = lCtx.getAttributes(lSearchedDN);
>Attribute lBinAtt =lFoundAttributes.get("<name of my bin attribute def>");
>byte[] lBinContent =  (byte[])lBinAtt.get();
>
>If I do the same thing with the jpegPhoto, it works. (Even if it seems
>the binay datas are sligtlhy corrupted depending of the kind of datas :
>pdf, txt etc.... An old bug on this was closed but It seems that there
>is some pb on 0.9.3).
>For information, I added my binary attribute name to my xml
>configuration file...
>
>Should I feel a jira issue or is this already known/corrected ? I
>browsed JIRA but not found issue on this.
>Do not answer now if busy...
>Tony Blanchard"
>
>Best regards
>Tony Blanchard
>
>
>Simon.Temple@saaconsultants.com wrote:
>
>  
>
>>OK, I just realised I asked this question before but this is now a NEW
>>problem:
>>
>>The problem was fixed before by specifiying a BER provider... but now
>>we don't specify one, the environment is not be passed down to the new
>>improved provider.
>>
>>Can someone comment on this before I raise a JIRA issue?
>>
>>Thanks Again
>>
>>    
>>
>>>I think I've tracked it down... sorry to bother you with this.
>>>
>>>I forgot to add
>>>
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>asn.1.berlib.provider=org.apache.ldap.common.berlib.asn1.SnickersProvider
>>    
>>
>>>      
>>>
>>>>Oh yes that makes a difference.  Perhaps once we consolidate all these
>>>>providers in to one fast robust one there will be no need for this.
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>I guess the default provider mechanism doesn't pass down the whole
>>>environment...?
>>>      
>>>
>>/08 February 2006 13:15
>>To: dev@directory.apache.org
>>cc:
>>From: Simon.Temple@saaconsultants.com
>>Subject: Problem Attaching Binary Data/
>>
>>Does anyone know of a problem attaching binary attributes (jpegPhoto
>>etc)?  I thourght this was all fixed in 0.9.x?
>>
>>I can attach/detach a serialised java object fine using the in-VM
>>connector but if I try to use an out-of-VM connection, the serialised
>>object becomes corrupt when it is attached (has its first few bytes
>>messed up).
>>
>>I also fail to attach/detach photo attributes using JXplorer - again
>>an out-of-vm connection.
>>
>>This is the latest 0.9.4 trunk (V1RC1)
>>
>>Each time an out-of-VM connection is made I get this warning:
>>
>>2006-02-08 12:44:53,390 WARN
>>[org.apache.ldap.common.message.MessageDecoder](IoThreadPool-2) Could
>>not find java.naming.ldap.attributes.binary key in environment.  Using
>>empty set for binaries.
>>
>>This seems related to me...
>>
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>SimonT
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>    
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>  
>



Mime
View raw message