directory-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Blanchard <blt...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: Problem Attaching Binary Data
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 13:40:51 GMT
Hi Simon,

I had prepared a mail on this but did not send it because I knew the RC1
is time consuming.

Here is my saved draft of the email I wrote yesterday :
"
I am using a 0.9.3 jar for apacheds and i am experiencing a problem
using binary attribute.
In fact I added a binary attribute to my shema and when I do something
like this, I have a cast exception because it returns me a String and
not a byte[].

Attributes lFoundAttributes = lCtx.getAttributes(lSearchedDN);
Attribute lBinAtt =lFoundAttributes.get("<name of my bin attribute def>");
byte[] lBinContent =  (byte[])lBinAtt.get();

If I do the same thing with the jpegPhoto, it works. (Even if it seems
the binay datas are sligtlhy corrupted depending of the kind of datas :
pdf, txt etc.... An old bug on this was closed but It seems that there
is some pb on 0.9.3).
For information, I added my binary attribute name to my xml
configuration file...

Should I feel a jira issue or is this already known/corrected ? I
browsed JIRA but not found issue on this.
Do not answer now if busy...
Tony Blanchard"

Best regards
Tony Blanchard