directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [SCM] How to release to the distribution reporitory (for future reference)
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 06:36:28 GMT
Make sure you have an *'apache.distributions'* server configured in your
~/.m2/settings.xml.  Here's what mine looks like (notice last server
element):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<settings>
  <servers>
    <server>
      <id>apache.websites</id>
      <username>akarasulu</username>
      <privateKey>/home/akarasulu/.ssh/id_rsa</privateKey>
      <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
      <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
    </server>
    <server>
      <id>apache.snapshots</id>
      <username>akarasulu</username>
      <privateKey>/home/akarasulu/.ssh/id_rsa</privateKey>
      <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
      <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
    </server>
    <server>
      <id>apache.distributions</id>
      <username>akarasulu</username>
      <privateKey>/home/akarasulu/.ssh/id_rsa</privateKey>
      <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
      <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
    </server>
  </servers>
</settings>

With this any artifact and pom which does not have a -SNAPSHOT on it
will be deployed to the release repository for mirroring: on minotaur at
/www/www.apache.org/dist/maven-repository.  If the snapshot designator
is present then it will be deployed to the *'apache.snapshots'* server
also on minotaur here: /www/cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshots-repository.

Also please make sure after you deploy that the permissions are set to
group (*apcvs*) writable.  chmod -R g+w if maven does not push and set
perms appropriately for you.  It does not for me and I cannot figure out
why even with my umask set properly.

That's it.

Alex