directory-dev mailing list archives

From Luke Taylor <nega...@freesurf.ch>
Subject nlog4j/log4j conflict problem (IncompatibleClassChangeError) with embedded server
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 13:18:23 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to get a maven 2 build working for our project so that I can
make use of the latest snapshot releases.

I've run into a problem that we had before, due to the log4j classes
being ahead of nlog4j on the classpath. The problem seems to be the one
discussed here (the same symptoms exactly):

http://www.nabble.com/Re:-upgrading-to-nlog4j.1.2.17-p1089156.html

We got round it in maven 1 by altering the order of the dependency list
to put nlog4j ahead of log4j, but with Maven 2 this doesn't work. The
test classpath always has log4j listed first and we always get the
exception.

Has anyone else been using an embedded apacheds server in a build and
found a more permanent solution to the issue with slf4j/nlog4j ?

cheers,

Luke.

--
 Luke Taylor.                      Monkey Machine Ltd.
 PGP Key ID: 0x57E9523C            http://www.monkeymachine.ltd.uk