directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject Password Change
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2006 23:29:35 GMT
Hey Guys,

I tried changing the password in server.xml.

After doing this and restarting in debug mode, I get

[17:26:49] WARN
[org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService]
- You didn't change the admin password of directory
service instance 'default'.  Please update the admin
password as soon as possible to prevent a possible
security breach.
[17:26:50] ERROR
[org.apache.directory.daemon.Bootstrapper] - Failed on
org.apache.directory.server.Service.init(InstallationLayout,
String[])
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.exception.LdapAuthenticationException
        at
org.apache.directory.server.core.authn.AuthenticationService.bind(AuthenticationService.java:483)
        at
org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain$Entry$1.bind(InterceptorChain.java:1424)
        at
org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.BaseInterceptor.bind(BaseInterceptor.java:224)
        at
org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.bind(InterceptorChain.java:720)
        at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.DirectoryPartitionNexusProxy.bind(DirectoryPartitionNexusProxy.java:649)
        at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.DirectoryPartitionNexusProxy.bind(DirectoryPartitionNexusProxy.java:678)
        at
org.apache.directory.server.core.jndi.ServerContext.<init>(ServerContext.java:122)
        at
org.apache.directory.server.core.jndi.ServerDirContext.<init>(ServerDirContext.java:76)
        at
org.apache.directory.server.core.jndi.ServerLdapContext.<init>(ServerLdapContext.java:61)
        at
org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.getJndiContext(DefaultDirectoryService.java:167)
        at
org.apache.directory.server.core.jndi.AbstractContextFactory.getInitialContext(AbstractContextFactory.java:121)
        at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)
        at
javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:247)
        at
javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
        at
javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)
        at
javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.<init>(InitialDirContext.java:82)
        at
org.apache.directory.server.Service.init(Service.java:93)
        at
org.apache.directory.daemon.Bootstrapper.callInit(Bootstrapper.java:148)
        at
org.apache.directory.daemon.MainBootstrapper.main(MainBootstrapper.java:76)

Is this a bug?

Cheers,
- Ole

http://docs.safehaus.org/display/APACHEDS/User%27s+Guide