directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] It's done 1.0-RC1 has been signed and released
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2006 00:26:38 GMT
Hey Guys,

Congratulations on the RC1 release.  Can't wait to try
it out!

Incidentally, I could not help but notice that we
think we need documentation.

I'll be glad to throw together some apt files and help
with this.  Is there a prioritized list of documents
that we need and is there a "formal" process for doing
this?

Also, I tried using JNDI on the 0.9 version, to create
a subcontext at the root of the directory tree using
this provider URL:

env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL,
"ldap://localhost:389/");

When I try this I get a null pointer exception, but
if I use this PROVIDER_URL:

"ldap://localhost:389/ou=users,ou=system";

I can create subcontexts.

Do I have to use an LDIF file to create root level
contexts like "dc=apache, dc=org"?

Thanks,
- Ole