directory-dev mailing list archives

From daune...@daune-consult.com
Subject [Mina] Architecture advice
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:36:00 GMT
Hi,

I must re-implement a legacy protocol using Mina, and I wonder whether someone
could provide some architectural 'tips'.

I must transfer files using a TFTP-like protocol (over TCP). The file size does
not exceed 1 MB.

The file is truncated in numbered 512 bytes slices, each slice is acknowledged
using a message.

A same file is requested many times, by different clients. So there is room for
message caching and sharing.

My main question is how to make most benefit of Mina given those two
characteristics: 1) message cache and 2) multiple concurrent read-only use of
same messages.

I am not even sure non-blocking I/O are the appropriate way for this.

Thanks & Regards,

J-F