directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: nlog4j/log4j conflict problem (IncompatibleClassChangeError) with embedded server
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 15:54:07 GMT
On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 15:42 +0000, Luke Taylor wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> The problem is that log4j is a dependency of many other projects (e.g.
> Spring) which we depend on, and maven2 ends up with it in the classpath
> anyway.

Yeah, we have experienced such a problem lately with Spring...
Sorry, I thought you were working with a 0.9.3 or something like that.

<snip/>

>  The apache-ds core still has a
> dependency on nlog4j in the latest Maven 2 file:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/trunks/apacheds/core/pom.xml

It should not... Normally, dependency like these are marked with a scope
restricted to tests. We have to check that.

> I *think* (perhaps a Maven 2 expert can confirm), that if nlog4j is
> marked as optional in the pom.xml

Exactly. But I'm not a m2 expert, so ...

<snip/>
> think it's likely to recur when more people start adding apache-ds jar
> files to their builds.

yep.

> I could be completely wrong of course - in fact I'd be pleased if
> there's a simple workaround.

well, I wish I have this workaround. We will try to find out a way to
help you ! Just be patient, we are quite busy atm...

--
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com