directory-dev mailing list archives

From <fedechi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] Socket IO processor, thread problem.
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:00:38 GMT
I was wrong using "recollect", I wanted to say:
"So, the non-written bytebuffers are no more put in a single big
bytebuffer before to send them to the SocketChannel?"
Because I remember a feature like that in the 0.8.0.
Tell me if I'm wrong, I think giving to the SocketChannel a big bytebuffer instead of many
little buffers make it works better with the underling asynch IO. That's right?

I'm studing for exams now, as soon as I can I'll try to reproduce the strange cpu usage.

by Fedechicco

Fedechicco wrote:

Finally, I must to send many ( the usual number of 1000 ) little
pre-prepared bytebuffers, and I initially wrote them one-by-one, but my
tests went better (not good, but better) since I have done my own cicle that
put all the little buffers in one big buffer, and then write() only the big
bytebuffer.
So, the non-written bytebuffers are no more recollected in a single big
bytebuffer before to send them to the SocketChannel?

Trustin wrote:

What do you mean by 'recollected'?  Does it mean 'pooled'?  They (small buffers) are pooled
if you call ByteBuffer.release() explicitly in case you didn't pass (write) them to MINA.