directory-dev mailing list archives

From <fedechi...@gmail.com>
Subject [mina] Socket IO processor, thread problem.
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 20:18:57 GMT
I have some problem with a simple application that does almost only IO on
tcp sockets, it take me 100% CPU usage when I have 1000-1200 connections.
I have met this problem every time I use a single selector thread for many
channels, and in my own old implementations I have divided the channels on
different selector threads, and then all worked well.

I thought that I was not able to do well the selector loops, and so I have
not taken care about it, but now with mina 0.9.0 I have the same problem.
I don't know, do you all have the same problem with many sockets making I/O?

I will experiment with the "mina.socket.processor" property, but it will be
strange if it works.

by Fed