directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Somashish Gupta" <sgu...@etouch.net>
Subject RE: LDAP 0.9.3 . Modify attribute fails with exception
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 09:06:38 GMT
Sorry for bugging again.

As I had mentioned in my earlier mail, the "activeFlag" attribute was not
defined(so even though creation was successful, modification was not). As
suggested by you I tried to add this attribute in the schema using the JNDI
calls( as given in examples in JNDI tutorial at the SUN site
http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/tutorial/ldap/schema/attribute.html).
However there was no success as I kept on getting NamingException (even
though I was using the administrator password). I am not sure if that is the
correct way of changing schema. I didn't find any document regarding
changing schema at the Apache Directory site.

Also is there any way to turn off schema checking in case I don't want
it(JXplorer has a menu item "Stop Schema Checking" but that doesn't seem to
work when the LDAP server is Apache Directory)

Thanks to all for replying
Somashish

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Karasulu [mailto:aok123@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2006 7:16 AM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: LDAP 0.9.3 . Modify attribute fails with exception

Somaashish,

> Can anybody give me any pointer as to where I should look into in order to
>resolve this issue. I feel it is an issue with my server startup
parameters.

You get this exception, InvalidAttributeIdentifierException, when you're
adding an attribute that is not recognized by the server.  Check and
make sure all your attributes are spelled correctly in the modify
operation.  If you're using attributeTypes that are undefined you'll
need to add a new schema to your server.

HTH,
Alex