directory-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Panicker <vino...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scm] Why trunks?
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 05:18:28 GMT
> Vinod Panicker wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Wanted to checkout mina to build it, and I noticed that the directory
> >trunk has been renamed to "trunks".  Just wondering - why a
> >non-standard approach?
> >

> Just to be clear that we have more than one project's trunk in there.
> Worth the move you think?

It would have got my -1, but that doesn't matter.  Humour me on this
pls... Is there a clear line between what constitutes a module and a
dependency?  Couldnt apacheds have say mina as a dependency rather
than as a module?

In that case, we could have had the directory trunk and outside of it,
the other projects with their respective trunks.

And since directory has modules, then it still constitutes a single
project IMO - so even that doesnt show a need to call trunk as
"trunks" :)

Regards,
Vinod.