directory-dev mailing list archives

From robert.j.gr...@jpmorgan.com
Subject [MINA] Upgrading from 0.8 to 0.9 - some questions
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 12:28:35 GMT
Hi,

We have been using MINA very successfully in an application and I am
looking to upgrade to version 0.9.

We were using the old ProtocolHandler and the DemuxingProtocolCodecFactory
and I'm trying to understand how this works in the new version.

Here are my specific questions:

1. Looking at the SumUp example, I'm not sure what the following lines do:

// Create I/O and Protocol thread pool filter.
// I/O thread pool performs encoding and decoding of messages.
// Protocol thread pool performs actual protocol flow.
ThreadPoolFilter ioThreadPoolFilter = new ThreadPoolFilter();
ThreadPoolFilter protocolThreadPoolFilter = new ThreadPoolFilter();
IoConnector connector = new SocketConnector();
connector.getFilterChain().addFirst(
          "ioThreadPool", ioThreadPoolFilter );
          connector.getFilterChain().addLast(
          "protocolThreadPool", protocolThreadPoolFilter );

In the ClientSessionHandler, I can see this:

session.getFilterChain().addLast("protocolFilter", new ProtocolCodecFilter(
codec ) );

But I am not sure how the session filter chain relates to the connection
filter chain.

What is the responsibility of each of the thread pool filters?

2. How is the DemuxingIoHandler supposed to be used? Presumably the output
from a ProtocolCodecFilter can be hooked up to it but I'm not clear how
that works (if it were an IoFilter I could see that I could add it to the
end of the chain?).

Thanks,

Robert

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended
as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial
instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices,
data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and
do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries
and affiliates.