directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MINA] Should it stay here? (Was: Re: [scm][VOTE] Reorganizing the re-organized structure.)
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2006 22:52:46 GMT
This has been brought up a lot now. Time for a FAQ on the MINA page?

For those points:
* separate tree structure: this can be done within the Directory tree
if necessary. It can have a separate trunk again if that makes things
easier as well.

* separate mailing list: as already said, this is being done

So, can anyone list a benefit of moving MINA now rather than later? And where?

The downsides are that it will take more work, and the *only* place it
can go right now is Jakarta (commons) - which would imply either
staying there or another move. I don't see any benefit in that. No
other TLP would be suitable right now, and it's got a long way to go
before being ready to be self-sustaining as a TLP.

Cheers,
Brett