directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scm][VOTE] Reorganizing the re-organized structure.
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 04:04:21 GMT
> > 3. Build sometimes fails if user didn't check out the whole trunk. (We
> > can fix this problem, but we have to add repository information to all
> > subprojects unless we go hierarchy.)
>
> I hope this is not true for maven's sake.

It can't guess the repository :) It will find the parent pom if you
give the <relativePath/> hint which would remove this issue. But if
you go to the hierachy the hint won't be needed as the default is
../pom.xml

> My vote is below:
>
> > [x] +1 organize again

+1 from me for the other reasons given. It's not so much that you
would have to tag everything every time, but you'd need to release
mina-X, then mina-Y, and in the right order, with individual tags. If
it's hierachical, you can release all of mina in one go with one tag.
I think that's what you want.

- Brett