directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scm] [STATUS] Repository reorg and move to m2 "completed"
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 21:30:40 GMT
> >It will be about 2 weeks before the final site stuff is released, so
> >it might be easiest to wait for that rather than using snapshots.
> >

> Is the current release candidate all that different from what is to be
> released?

Release candidate? Its just in SVN. The current version is pretty
close functionally, just some bugs and improvements to take care of. I
only recommended waiting because you might get some teething pains
using it now (it requires Maven 2.0.2, which is also unreleased).

> Cool thanks!  This is the most important thing we have to take care of
> for now to get back to our old state with M1.

Ok, it shouldn't take long.

> Yeah we got some issues with the groupId's because of every subproject
> picking its own package name.  I think we all need to derive from the
> same org.apache.directory base for packages.  Then make our groupId this
> or off of it like org.apache.directory.asn1.  WDYT?

You don't have to change the package names, but definitely should have
o.a.directory as a base for groups. You can either put them all in the
one group, or if you expect each subproject to have a number of
modules (like mina), then they might want their own group IDs like
you've suggested.

- Brett