directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alessandro Torrisi <alessandro.torr...@eurone.it>
Subject Re: [Mina] 'messageSent' semantic
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 18:23:24 GMT
Hi ! Hi there is something confused.

I think that the meaning of the posts was that it's not Java that has
to take care of transport...
but it's care of the TCP-IP stack implemented in each operating system.

I've read the posts on the Java forum and it's really not clear.

In my poor opinion, I think that differences between TCP/IP and UDP
protocol are here !
TCP has the SYN-ACK system which is at the base of the communication
control among
hosts. If a message has not come, or if its sequence is not right,
packet is retransmitted
to ensure packet delivery, I'm agree with J-F.

If not so, what's the sense of TCP/IP ??? Use UDP...

I hope I have not understood that post or I will be in doubt on
myself and with all the documentation
I've read...

Best regards, Alex