directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MINA] Need some enlightenment ...
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:37:57 GMT
It seems like you didn't capture the thread dump when the CPU usage is 100%,
right?  The dump looks very normal.

I found that Reader.ready() is a non-blocking operation.  If the data
doesn't come in immediately, the read loop will consume a lot of CPU until
the data is ready.  So I guess this is not a MINA problem.

Trustin

2006/1/13, Piyush Purang <ppurang@gmail.com>:

> Hi Trustin,
>
> Thanks for looking into my problem. I am attaching thread dumps taken
> at different time points of the running system (server in one VM and
> client in another..bombarding the server with requests that are mostly
> dropped/ignored .. client also refuses to accept the response most of
> the time.. though I did saw atleast once when it (client) did receive
> something that the server had written out as response.)
>
> Hope this helps. I couldn't find anything suspicious in the thread
> dump. Certainly no deadlocks. (I also monitored the two jvms using
> jconsole for an extended period of time).
>
> Cheers
> Piyush
>
> On 1/13/06, Trustin Lee <trustin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Piyush,
> >
> > 2006/1/11, Piyush Purang <ppurang@gmail.com>:
> > > I have been trying to quickly integrate MINA into a small project that
> > > i have undertaken.
> > >
> > > I decided to use the HTTPProtocolHandler example as my guide. So in
> > > the run method of my Worker thread I have these two lines of code tha
> > > basically try and read all of the request at one go. (Is that
> > > adviced?)
> >
> > <snip/>
> >
> > > Of course the client log doesn't differ too much from the unsuccessful
> > attempt.
> > >
> > > What I can't understand is why this startegy sometimes (rather seldom)
> > > succeeds and most of the times fails?
> > >
> > > And another question would of course be how can I rectify this?
> > >
> > > When server and client both use IOUtills with reading and writing
> > > directly to socket streams things work out rather nicely.
> > >
> > > Thanks for any comments, questions, suggestions etc.
> >
> > Why don't you give us the full thread dump?  It will clarify which
> component
> > is responsible for this problem.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Trustin--
> > what we call human nature is actually human habit
> > --
> > http://gleamynode.net/
> > PGP Key ID: 0x854B996C

http://gleamynode.net/