directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MINA] Socket and Session Buffer Size
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 08:45:43 GMT
Hi Alex,

I'm sorry for this late response.  As you know, it was holiday. :)

2005/12/29, Alessandro Torrisi <alessandro.torrisi@eurone.it>:

> Hi ! In this code snippet I set some parameters for the socket of the
> client and for session, I'm trying some values...but can someone explain
> me first the difference between a "SessionReceiveBufferSize" and a
> "SendBufferSize",

SendBufferSize is the actual size of the Socket read buffer in kernel
level.  ReceiveBufferSize is the actual size of the Socket write buffer in
kernel level, too.  SessionReceiveBufferSize the size of allocated
ByteBuffer that MINA allocates to read the kernel socket read buffer in.

and then what are the best values according to you for connections based
> on a P2P network based on Ethernet ? Could these parameters affect
> performances ?

I don't know the optimal value for now.  You'll have to perform the
benchmark test by yourself.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/