directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Failed to build the uberjar of ApacheDS
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2006 03:13:03 GMT
Stefan Zoerner wrote:

> Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>
>> On 1/30/2006 2:26 AM, Stefan Zoerner wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I tried to build the uberjar (standalone executyble ApacheDS in a
>>> jar) from
>>> directory trunks/apacheds via mvn -e assemby:assembly but it fails with
>>> message ...
>>>

>> We have this same problem in Geronimo.  I think that it's a known
>> bug.  You have to run that command in the actual assembly directory.
>> Another thing, we get a -null.jar at the end of the jar name.  Please
>> confirm if this is the case for you as well.
>>

> Thanks Alan,
>
> I was finally able to build it from directory
> .../trunks/apacheds/standalone/simple/main
> with command
> mvn assembly:assembly
>
> But the result has no -null.jar at the end, it is called
> org.apache.ldap.server.standalone.simple.main-0.9.4-SNAPSHOT-app.jar
>
> I confess: I do not understand much from m2 configuration, but I
> assume this "app" comes from the classifier config in the pom.xml in
> the directory mentioned above :

Exactly that's correct.  You still need this uberjar to work? It may
have issues now that we are using this new directory layout for the
server.  I can however create this layout on startup if a path to it is
not specified on the command line.  The intersting thing is how to
handle this since the uberjar has everything on in the System
ClassLoader.  I have to play with it some more but I can make the
uberjar work again if it does not already.  It just seemed as though
many did not like it.

Alex